mio TV Go FAQs
mio TV Go is a companion app to enhance your mio TV viewing experience.
mio TV Go consists of multiple features:
- mio TV Content Discovery
- Learn about our latest highlights, read up on featured programmes and view trailers
- mio TV Channel Guide
- Know our programmes schedule at the touch of your device
- Watch channels on TV by selecting the desired channel directly from the TV Guide. (Available only if the device is paired with the Set-Top box).
- Programme Reminders
- Set reminders to notify you of your favorite programmes
- Social Networking
- Connect with your friends on Facebook and share the movie/programme that you like
- Remote Control
- Select your favourite mio TV channels and On Demand programmes with a touch of the touch-screen remote. In addition, enjoy the advanced remote features via the multi-touch gestures directly from mio TV Go. (Available only if the device is paired with the Set-Top box).
Currently the mio TV Go is available for iPad and iPhone (with iOS 4 and above). You can download the app from the Apple App Store from the link below:
Downloading of the app from the Apple App Store is free. However, using the app via 3G networks may incur data charges.
You can browse the content within mio TV Go via any Internet connection including 3G networks from any of the local telecommunication provider.
To utilize the remote control feature, your SingTel broadband and mio TV set-top box must be connected to the same modem.
You do not need create an account to browse the content within mio TV Go.
You can login into your Facebook account, under “Me” tab, which enables you to connect with your friends on Facebook and share programmes that you enjoy.
Activities like reminders, check-ins, sharing and favorite TV channels are synced between devices when all the devices are logged in to the same Facebook account.
To enjoy the remote control function, please configure your settings to pair each device to the set-top box of your choice.
Currently, mio TV Go only gives you easy access to our content and programme guide as well as the trailers for our movies and TV series.
mio TV Go is a companion app service that is available on iPad and iPhone to enhance your mio TV viewing experience.
mio TV PLAY is an Over-The-Top (OTT) video streaming application which is currently only available on the Samsung Smart TV’s Smart Hub and Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 LTE Tablet.
mio TV Go remote function works with all SingTel broadband plans as long as your mio TV set-top box is utilizing the same modem as your SingTel broadband.
You can select the “Remote” tab on the mio TV Go to pair your iPhone/iPad to the mio TV Set-Top box. There will be step-by-step instructions within the tab.
After pairing your iPhone/iPad with mio TV Set-Top box, you will be able to using your iPhone/iPad as a remote control.
Furthermore, while browsing our contents, you can tap on “Watch on TV” to switch to the specific channel.
Each set-top box allows pairing of up to 10 iPhone/iPad(s).
Each iPhone/iPad can only pair to a 1 set-top box. At any time, you can un-pair your iPhone/iPad and re-pair it to another set-top box.
- Click on the ‘MENU’ button on your mio TV remote control.
- Navigate to ‘Settings’.
- Select ‘General’.
- Select ‘Device Pairing’.
- Follow the step-by-step instructions on how you can pair the device to your mio TV set-top box shown on mio TV Go.
To pair your iPhone/iPad with your mio TV set-top box, your SingTel broadband and mio TV set-top box must be connected to the same modem.
Certain SingTel Modem/Router will not be able to support pairing. The modem models are as follows:
- Pace/2Wire 2701
- Aztech DSL1000
The images below illustrate the setup required to pair your iPhone/iPad to your set-top box.
Setup 1 (Recommended)
You can un-pair your iPhone/iPad within mio TV Go. When you are in the app, tap on ‘settings’, select ‘device pairing’ and select ‘un-pair’.
To un-pair all devices from a specific set-top box, go to the ‘device pairing page’ in the TV Portal (Menu > Settings> General > Device Pairing), and select ‘Paired Devices’. Once you are in the ‘Paired Devices’ page, press ‘0’ on your remote control to un-pair all devices.
After rebooting your modem/router, the IP address for your set-top box may have changed. This would affect the remote control function.
Rebooting your set-top box would enable your remote control function. Please hold on to the power button on your set-top box for 5 seconds and allow your set-top box to reboot.
If your iPhone/iPad remote control feature is still unable to function:
- Go to (Settings > Remote Pairing) on mio TV Go and select ‘un-pair’.
- Access the TV Portal (Menu > Settings> General > Device Pairing), select ‘Paired Devices’ and press ‘0’ to unpair all iPhone/iPad(s).
- After un-pairing, please re-pair your iPhone/iPad.